These Healthy Oatmeal Protein Pancakes are flourless and vegan friendly! The oats make them thicker than pancake-powder-mix pancakes, yet fluffy enough to keep you coming back for more! Because of the vanilla protein powder, these pancakes are sweet enough that you don’t need maple syrup! (Did I really just say that?!)
Make them into mini cakes, and they are a perfect little snack to bring to work without the toppings. Or load them up with some berries, maple syrup, and a little coconut whipped cream, and you’ve got yourself a breakfast of champions! I always say that breakfast is the most important meal 🙂
Healthy Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
1 cup of rolled oats (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
2 scoops of Garden of Life Vanilla Protein Powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp Orgran Egg Replacer (or one egg white for all you meat eating savages :P)
1 cup almond milk**
1 ripe banana
splash of vanilla extract
- Heat a greased nonstick skillet or pan on medium/high heat.
- While the pan is heating, mix all the dry ingredients into a food processor until powder-like consistency. Add wet ingredients, including banana, and pulse blend until just combined. Batter should be thicker than what you’re used to, but still able to spread on the pan.
** add more milk 1 tbsp at a time if batter is too thick. Some protein powders are thicker than others.
- Slowly spoon out batter on to heated skillet and form up to 4 pancakes. If skillet it smaller, cook one at a time, ensuring that skillet has enough oil between pancakes.
- Cook for 1-3 minutes on each side, or until both sides are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and top with real maple syrup, berries, nuts, and whipped cream if desired! Enjoy!
Nutrition is calculated based on Orgran Egg Replacer, Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats, and Garden of Life Vanilla Protein Powder. I highly recommend this protein for pancakes. The taste with pancakes is the best I’ve tried!
Serving size: 2 pancakes (half the recipe) Calories: 434 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: .05g Carbohydrates: 58g Sugar: 15g Fiber: 13.5g Protein: 36g Cholesterol: 0mg
WAS THIS HELPFUL TO YOU? HAVE ANY OTHER TIPS? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS OR SIMPLY LIKE THIS POST! YOUR FEEDBACK HELPS ME CREATE STRONGER CONTENT. AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS. AND DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM @LIFEWATERFIT. Happy lifting MY FRIENDS.